Welcome to the Gambling Research Australia Website and Clearinghouse
Gambling Research Australia (GRA) is a partnership between the Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments to initiate and manage a national gambling research program structured around the following five research priority areas:
- helping individuals set their limits including access to cash and pre-commitment
- responsible gambling environments
- gaming machine standards-developing better consumer protection
- a preventative and early intervention strategy targeted at those at risk of problem gambling
- development of harm minimisation measures for interactive gambling.
The Secretariat to GRA is provided by the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing, Department of Justice & Regulation, Victoria. The current, five-year Gambling Research Australia research program (2009 - 2014) was established via a Memorandum of Understanding signed by all gaming/gambling ministers in June 2009.