Gambling Research Australia (GRA) was a partnership between the Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments to initiate and manage a national gambling research program structured around the following five research priority areas:
- helping individuals set their limits including access to cash and pre-commitment
- responsible gambling environments
- gaming machine standards-developing better consumer protection
- a preventative and early intervention strategy targeted at those at risk of problem gambling
- development of harm minimisation measures for interactive gambling.
The most recent five-year Gambling Research Australia research program (2009 - 2014) was established via a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by all gaming/gambling ministers in June 2009. It ceased on 30 June 2014. As per the MOU since that time all commissioned but incomplete research reports were to be completed and published on this website. All published reports can be found on this website in Publications.