This research project was designed to answer the following key research questions as posed in the research brief from GRA:
- Do loyalty programs result in increased EGM gambling (money and/or time and/or number of visits)?
- Do loyalty programs result in increased risk of problem gambling?
- Do loyalty programs induce (give people a reason) to visit an EGM venue?
- Do loyalty programs affect gamblers' control?
- Do loyalty programs reward "loyalty" (i.e. faithfulness and devotion; they visit that venue rather than another venue) or create "incentive" (i.e. encouragement to gamble more money/for longer)?
- Which loyalty programs most encourage gambling activities/higher levels of spending/time spent gambling?
- Is there a greater connection between these "high success" programs and gambling risk level?